- Hours charged are from booking time or first client party arrival whichever is the earlier. Only hours used are charged subject to minimum 4 hours.
- Any item of unbooked kit used or requested on the hire day(s) will be charged for automatically.
- Clients/hirers are responsible for providing their own public liability insurance for the client party.
- No naked flames may be used in the studios at any time.
- Payment balance must be made in full before leaving the studio.
- Cancellation or postponement fees:- within 72 hrs of hire 50% of fee. Within 48hrs of hire 100% of fee. No fee for cancellation before 72hrs.
- Children are not allowed in the studio except where they are the subject of photography/filming in which case they must be chaperoned at all times.
- The hirer party may not enter any area marked as no entry/staff only.
- Although the film studio is generally quiet we cannot be responsible for any extraneous sound outside our control.
- The hirer is responsible for any damages or losses caused by him/herself or the client party to the studio or equipment.
- Excelsior Films Ltd cannot except liability beyond that of a refund monies paid, for any event that prevents filming/photography taking place.
General Term and Conditions
Films Ltd (co registration no 4977997) trades as www.cineconversions.co.uk and Excelsior Film &
of home movies on 8mm and16mm film is offered to the domestic market on DVD or
as electronic files for you to edit at home. All films are kept here on our
premises and not sub contracted.
DVDS AND FILES
We offer the opportunity of a demonstration DVD,
online examples and electronic files for to see the quality of our system to
enable you to make a choice if it is suitable for your needs. These are offered
free and without obligation but you may not use them in any other way other
that to assess the suitability of our company to carry out your work.
We do our best to transfer your films and make them presentable for viewing
which may at our discretion include the removal of white leader, blank sections
and damaged parts. It is normal for there to be evidence of dust, hairs and
missing specks of film emulsion on the original film. Whilst we keep our system
as clean as possible it is not possible to completely eliminate any further
dust and hairs that may appear.
As with all photographic material liability is limited
to the replacement of blank stock where available but please be assured that
our premises are 24 hour monitored for theft and fire.
An assumption is made that you own the copyright of any material you send to us
for transfer and you agree to indemnify Excelsior Films Ltd against any claim
that may arise. The DVDs supplied of your material are not copyright protected
in any way and you may copy or alter them in any way you see fit.
As all work is done here on our premises turnaround is
usually 5-8 working days as an estimate but may be shorter or longer.
Where titles have been requested these must be
supplied by email or other electronic format to avoid mistakes.
Payment is made on completion of your job by debit or credit card online before
posting or collection and is not subject to approval.
We recommend Royal Mail signed for services to send your films and we will send
them back by the same Royal Mail service you have used with a minimum of
recorded delivery. For packages arriving by courier we request that You arrange a collection on completion. Please note that for
clients outside the UK you must arrange collection by a suitable courier.
All prices include VAT and a VAT receipt will be issued on request. Please note
that we will not make a false statement on a VAT invoice. VAT is chargeable to
all EEC domestic customers. Our VAT registration number is 644 4616 35.
We keep your files for a maximum of one month from the
date of billing before deletion.
We do not use your films for marketing purposes
without your permission. Your
details are held on computers for our purposes only and not sold or passed to
any other company what so ever or used for marketing purposes by us.
We are registered as a data controller
the Data Protection Act 1998
Registration number Z9897792.
OF UNCOLLECTED GOODS
We reserve the right to dispose of uncollected orders
after six months from the date of billing.
to the nature of old film the condition and storage method of which is often
unknown the transfer results are not suitable for forensic or detailed
examination but offered for you to enjoy watching or editing.